- Contact the new mobile Service Provider to whom you want to port your mobile number.
- Read the eligibility and other conditions carefully. Please visit www.trai.gov.in for further details.
- Obtain Customer acquisition From (CAF) & Porting Form.
- If eligible, Obtain 'Unique Porting Code' by sending an SMS from the mobile number you want to port to the number '1900' with text 'PORT' followed by space followed by your 10 digit mobile number you want to port.
- Fill up the CAF and Porting Form.
- Submit the duly filled Porting Form and CAF along with requisite documentary proof of the mobile service provider.
- If you are a post paid subscriber, submit a paid copy of the last bill issued along with the Porting Form and CAF.
- Obtain new SIM card from the new service provider.
Subscriber can withdraw the porting request within 24 hrs of applying.
Activation of Ported Number
- Subscriber new mobile service provider will intimate you the date & time of porting on your mobile phone.
- Replace the old SIM with the new SIM provided by your new mobile service provider after the specified date and time.
Eligibility and other Conditions for Porting a Mobile Number
- Subscriber is allowed to move to another mobile service provider only after 90 days of the date of the activation of that mobile connection or from the date of porting of the mobile number, whichever is applicable.
- Subscriber is allowed to change mobile service provider within the same service area only.
- If you are a Post-paid subscribers, please ensure that you have paid all the dues as per your last bill (subscriber will have to sign an undertaking in the Porting Form also).
- If you are Pre-paid subscriber, please note that the balance amount of talk time, if any, at the time of porting will lapse.
For detailed regulation please visit TRAI website www.trai.gov.in